Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My favorite Christmas Carols

This time of year, I always think about all the thousands of Christmas carols around, and which ones I like best. This year, these are my favorites:

"Carol of the Bells". This is the George Winston version.


"Some Children See Him." I recall hearing this for the first time at a George Winston concert.


"Stop the Cavalry" peaked at number three in the UK Singles Chart in December 1980. The song was never intended as a Christmas hit, but the line 'Wish I was at home for Christmas' as well as the brass band arrangements made it an appropriately styled song to play around Christmas time. This version is by The Cory Band (a Welsh mine brass band) with The Gwalia Singers. 



Happy Christmas (War is Over). I get tears in my eyes every time I hear this.

1 comment:

Rosanna said...

Happy Christmas would have to be my favorite and I like the video. I about got a tear when I saw "We Want It" on the storefront.