Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year and goodbye

I've been updating this blog for a year now, and I've decided to take a break. I found that I was struggling to find a voice, and in an effort to update on at least a weekly basis, this blog turned mostly into a weekly oldies music show. That's not what I intended when I started; I wanted this to be more of a commentary on issues and things going on here. I wrote ten or twelve things on politics, but they mostly ended up as angry rants and since I'm not an angry person by nature, I didn't post them.

I've also decided that blogging requires a certain amount of arrogance - one has to think that what they're saying is of sufficient importance to broadcast it to the (virtual) world. And I'm not sure I have anything all that important to say, to be honest.

I've read a bunch of other blogs, and they all seem to be more witty, erudite, profound, newsworthy, educational, or artistic. I find most of 'em to be much more interesting (i.e., better) that mine, and I've concluded that continuing this blog the way it's been going is a waste of my time - and yours.

So I'm going to put down the pen (or the keyboard), stop talking for a while, and just listen. Hopefully I'll find that voice I've been looking for.

Anyhow, I hope those of you who've read this blog have found some enjoyment in it. Drop me a line (click on the comment link) and let me know if you have any suggestions or ideas for where this blog should go next, even if you think "where it should go" is away.

Thanks for reading. Peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is how you spent the last moments of 2009, blogging about taking a break from blogging?
Okay, breaks are fine, but don't go away! You may not have found the "voice", but I, for one, appreciate whatever voice you've given to your blog. I may not read it every day, or every week, but I always enjoy it whenever I get to it! It's the closest thing to having lunch with you at Noah's Ark each week. Those were good times! So don't stop. Keep Baying! -- Ray